Massage For My Baby
Massage Therapy treatments are available for babies themselves. The massages can help babies who are having a range of issues including:
- Tummy or digestion problems
- Muscular issues
- Birth Trauma
- Feeding Problems
- and many other concerns.
Parents will remain with the therapist during the massage. Massages are performed in conjunction with baby's needs and tolerance - no massage techniques will be forced upon the baby. Appointments are scheduled in 15-minute incriments, but be aware that baby may not cooperate for the whole 15 minutes, so time and pricing will be adjusted as needed. Please feel free to contact Karen for more details and information, or to ask any questions.
Why should babies have Massage?
Physical Benefits for the baby:
Massage has benefits for everyone, and especially for infants. Touch is one of the first sensations babies are aware of, so it is valuable for helping babies physically, mentally, and in many more ways. There are numerous medical studies and scientific research proving that massage has a great impact on all babies and children. Massage is more than just a way to relax. It can greatly influence the way babies' brains and bodies develop. Studies show that there are relationships between touch and intelligence, so the more skin-to-skin touch a baby receives in its first year of life can impact the way their brain works and develops for the rest of their life.
- Strengthens digestive system
- Improves immune system
- Develops and improves muscle tone
- Helps develop coordination
Mental Benefits for the Baby:
- Increases sense of being loved
- Developps trust
- Increases self esteem
- Enhances relaxation and releases stress
- Creates awareness of self and surroundings
Medical Benefits for Baby:
- Improves respiration
- Helps relieve colic
- Improves sleep patterns
- Reduces discomfort from gas, constipation, congestion, teething, and more.
Benefits to Parents:
- Promotes bonding
- Increases communication and understanding between parent and baby
- Improves relaxation and reduces parent's stress
- Increases parent's confidence by helping them help their babies
Want to learn how to massage your baby yourself? Check out our Infant Massage Classes.
Karen Stoner, LMT is one of the few Massage Therapists in Centre County that holds the designation of both Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist and Certified Infant Massage Therapist/Instructor